Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Adding a Little Drama to Otherwise Boring Walls

My apartment is currently painted a color that can be best described as sand. This was a compromise between me, who wanted lime green, and my husband, who wanted white. Somehow, we ended up with beige, probably the most boring of colors. Anyway, having a neutral canvas doesn't have to be so bad because it is a platform upon which you can display colorful adornments. And that is exactly what I have had to do across the entire space.

I've found that a really fun and easy way to add a little drama is with wall decals. And the best part is that they are very easily removable if you change your mind/style or are moving. Here is one such decal I used in the hallway. Brings a little Parisian flair to the space....a little Joie de Vivre, if you will!

It always makes me harken back to more relaxed and carefree days I spent in Paris in my teens and early 20's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment